Wednesday 28 September 2011

Get me some food and get it fast

I have to be honest I love eating out and I love getting takeaway. It isn't that I don't enjoy cooking but sometimes you just aren't in the mood to cook up something that you will actually want to eat. With this in mind I've started thinking about which places I like best and what food I'd recommend, as ever comments gratefully received.

Fancy a Chinese? Try the New Champagne, Canton.

New Champagne looks a tad shabby on the outside by the food is anything but. It's only takeaway but they do delivery (most of the time) and it is on the always useful http://www.just-eat.co.uk/. Myself and my housemates have managed to work our way through a good amount of the menu so far, personal favourites are probably Lemon Chicken, any of their friend rice dishes and the pork chow mein. The food is of a very good quality and I've never had a bad meal from them. You will have to wait a while sometimes up to 90 mins but they make this clear when you're ordering. The best tip here is that it's much quicker to go in to order and wait for your food, normally no more than 15 mins. If you want really tasty food and don't fancy cooking it's well worth a visit a definite 9/10 for me.

A proper burger with Byron, Byron, London (various).
The real tragedy is that my nearest Byron is (according to their website) 125.2 miles away. I like a good burger but perhaps that is a bit far to go. However... if you find yourself out in London and want somewhere to get some really good food try Byron. I went to one near my old work near Old Street at lunchtime with some work colleagues. Their man draw in the burgers but they also do really good sides I especially enjoyed the courgette fries. They also apparently do take-away so even if you're in a rush you've no excuse. It's a bit far away for me sadly but the food was really tasty I'd give Byron a 7/10

Seren does Turkish with a bit of Welsh flair, Canton.

I've been to Seren a few times over the years previously mostly with my parents and decided to go there for my work leaving do. I love Greek and Turkish food and Seren does a great selection with food from both countries. Always get a starter at Seren and maybe even just get starters but lots of them turning a meal into a meze meal. I had the mixed grill and it was beautiful, especially the lamb chops, next time I'll be having them on their own! The atmosphere is good and the staff are really friendly, for me the location couldn't be much better. I'd give Seren 8/10

Not just another chain restaurant, Sale Pepe, St Davids 2, Cardiff.

There are so many soulless Italian restaurants around now it's great to visit somewhere that has it's own character and style. I went there with Kristina about a month ago and was really glad we tried something different. The menu has a huge choice of dishes and their speciality seems to be Risottos. Being someone who really enjoys risotto i couldn't resist and they even give you a choice of size, I had a large and it was HUGE. The restaurant was a bit quite so lacked in atmosphere but the waiter was good and the food was lovely. I definitely want to visit again but this time I'll take some of my friends with me. I'd give Sale Pepe a very solid 7/10, I can however see this going up the more I go.


The one thing really missing from this list is a good curry house, I quite like Kardamon in Canton but it's not really anything that special, I'm hoping you can help me with this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment